Sunday, November 6, 2011

Work of Art Season 2: Week 4 (Kids Art)


"Love"
The challenge this week was to be inspired by a piece of artwork done by a child. Even though I have lots of those because I do art projects with elementary school kids, (http://www.artwithmrsread.blogspot.com/) and in fact did one this week, I chose to do something a little more personal, and use a piece of artwork that my daughter Brooke had given me many years ago for Mother's Day. The piece is quite abstract, and reminds me of blowing wind, flowing water, and flowing lava. I tried to think of those things as I was painting with the same color pallet she had used. The verse for this week was Colossians 3:14--And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. The heart was a nod to the love shared between child and parent.

"Brooke's Childhood Artwork"

No comments:

Post a Comment